Magical music and murals meanderings
Journey along the creative trails blazed by Sardinian musicians and artists, rekindle your own creative spark and liberate yourself along the way!
A walk and talk coaching retreat full of authentic, off the beaten track, culinary and creative adventures.
On this journey, we’ll
- encounter the murals and street art of Sardinia, many of which spring from political and social protests, and see villages which are called living art galleries. Meet a contemporary muralist.
- enjoy musical interludes from the local launeddas (also called Sardinian triple clarinet), to traditional polyphonic singing, to the famous musical stones of sculptor Pinuccio Sciola. Participate in a singing lesson!
- delight in the rich simplicity of Blue Zone cooking.
- explore, in 1:1 and group coaching sessions, what creativity and freedom mean to you, what inspires you, fires you up, what’s blocking you, how you want to move forward…
- spend time in cool green and blue spaces, refreshing, purifying, connecting with nature and ourselves.
So it’s all about liberation – letting go, making space to let things flow, get fired up, find our voice and live our purpose, breathing creative inspiration – on a journey that will refresh the soul and make our hearts sing.
Planning for this 6 day creative journey experience retreat is still underway with more info coming soon on dates and programme details. If it sparks your interest, please message using the link below and we’ll notify you when things are firmed up.
DAY 1: TBC
DAY 2: TBC
DAY 3: TBC
DAY 4: TBC
DAY 5: TBC
DAY 6: TBC
Want to liberate yourself? Liberate your voice? Join us on this liberation retreat: A walk and talk coaching journey with unique culinary and creative adventures into the heart of the Blue Zone of Sardinia – an ancient island full of myths and legends, giants and fairies, centenarians, revolutionaries, heroes, and a few bandits.
This retreat is a collaboration with KeepAliveTours, a Dutch-Sardinian tour operator, run by the fabulous Samuele (Sam) Pitzalis, who has a deep love for and ancient roots in Sardinia. And for staying alive! In that process he likes to discover and disclose and present useful, practical information. He likes to be helped by serendipity, ‘perhaps God’s way to remain anonymous’. Instructor in Mindful run, Smooth running, Blue Zone coaching, interested in wisely physical and serenely metaphysical. Quick wit and analysis, broad interest and great health. Your guardian angel for a week. Keeps vampires from your door: even venturing outside the ordinary – focussing on meaningful beauty – you are absolutely safe; we do appreciate that you dared to join on not your average retreat. Sam’s philosophy: “Appreciate nature, natural energy, and it will appreciate us. It will even whisper solutions! You will see: inspiration is all around us, if we actively open up to it.”
After over 30 years of globetrotting in cultural relations, Fiona Pape fell in love with Sardinia and now calls it home. She’s been on her own healing journey since a mild stroke a few years ago and is passionate about slow and seasonal living. She is an ICF ACC qualified coach with a focus on transformational life coaching in nature – working with clients on thriving through change and transitions, well-being, women’s empowerment, personal branding and creativity. She is also a marketing and communications specialist (MCIM), a consultant and trainer, a curious and creative spirit who plays with colour and mixed media, a blogger, entrepreneur, mother and wife. Fiona believes that the most important relationship you will have in your life is with yourself. It is deserving of as much love, time, and commitment as any other relationship, if not more. It makes her heart sing when coaching journeys help people to reconnect with themselves, their values and purpose, to step into their power and be their own hero, and to heal with a joy that makes their inner child happy.
This retreat is for you if you are…
- craving a renewed sense of your life purpose,
- feeling like you’ve lost your creative spark and/or desire a deeper connection with creative you,
- seeking inspiration from an art-based creative journey,
- searching for an immersive authentic adventure in a beautiful place,
- curious to learn more about Sardinian art and artists, Blue Zone principles, and slow living,
- interested in connecting with other people on a quest to live well.
If this , below, sounds like you, we’d be delighted to have you join us:
- Good vibes & fun – we all expand in positive energy. Embrace your inner child!
- Openness & playfulness – we all have an interesting story to tell. Be curious!
- Love, kindness & respect – we’re all human. Be generous!
- Strength orientation – we all have gifts. Be encouraging and uplifting!
- Humility & empathy – we are only experts in ourselves. Be compassionate!
Many small towns in Sardinia are living art galleries, full of murals and street art. Many reflect political protest while others are simple scenes of ordinary rural life.
Sardinia is a musical place – there’s lots to discover from the traditional polyphonic singing and launeddas to musical stone gardens. The garden pictured here was made by a famous Sardinian sculptor and one of the first Sardinian muralists. He made the rocks sing!
Sardinia is an island so, of course, surrounded by water and there are gorgeous beaches all along the coast but there are also really cool inland watering holes and amazing waterfalls. We’ll be checking some of these out. That’s Sam in the pic btw taking a fun plunge. Could be you next!
Double rooms on a shared accommodation basis (twin beds and, for couples, a double bed). The places where you will stay are more than just nice: authentic, with a good atmosphere. They all bring you back to original, pure, rich simplicity, simple richness. Often elegant, tasteful, not in a superficial way, but being themselves.
The retreat is on a full board basis. You’ll enjoy freshly prepared breakfasts and dinner in a hotel or restaurant. Each day you will have a healthy picnic lunch, with local Sardinian products only. Meals include proudly made local wine and home-made liquor and healthy mineral rich water and coffee/tea. There will be regular refreshment stops included.
This 6 day full immersion walk and talk coaching and creative journey retreat experience is TBC€ per person.
NB There is a discount for couples.
- Full coaching and activity programme, including all entrance fees and tips
- All transfers included in the programme destinations and visits, starting from and ending in Cagliari
- Shared double room (double or twin beds)
- Full board including regular refreshment stops
- Flights to and from Sardinia (Tour transfers start/end in Cagliari )
- Additional transfer not included in the programme (can be arranged for a surcharge)
- Travel insurance
- There’s a surplus charge for single room accommodation (providing rooms are available)